Dienstag, August 16, 2005

Tuesday

I have fallen deeply in love with my best friend. Without a shadow of a doubt I stand firm in the awareness of this. It's amazing. The English language lacks words to portray what we have with each other.
I noticed tonight that most people lack depth and since I met my twin soul I now crave that depth, I need it, I am bored out of my mind without it.
I had the honor of meeting my bf's best friend last night and we hung out for most of the day today. I really like his best friend and am looking forward to getting to know him over the years. I'm going with tomorrow to drive his friend back to Spokane. I finally get to meet his dad. I'm excited and nervous. Excited because my bf looks up to his dad so much and speaks very highly of him. Nervous because, well, it's his dad. I have butterflies in my stomach. I am looking forward to meeting his dad and putting a face and voice to all the stories. I have never met the man yet I like him already. He seems like a true gem.
So, just about the time we'll be getting back here my room mates parents will be in town for almost two weeks. Yikes!!! These people used to be my in laws. I'm wondering how it will go and let my room mate know that I no longer have any obligation to these people and they are not my parents. I don't know what to do honestly. I don't feel it's my job to entertain them while he's at work but then again I don't want to come across as hostile or impersonal. I have always been outgoing and fairly energetic and I'm not going to change that but at the same time I really don't want to play tour guide. What to do? What to do? Hmmmmm, not a clue. I guess I'm a bit stressed about their coming arrival. Even though I don't really care what they think, in an odd way I kind of do. Maybe that's conditioning from being married to their kid.
I've decided I'm not going to hide my relationship with my best friend from his parents. I told him we would be respectful and wouldn't make out too much in front of them.....LOL I told him we're totally in love and there's no way to hide it, it's that evident. So I'm not gonna try to, it's pointless.
So I am looking forward to camping with my friend one more time. Falling asleep in his arms and awaking in that same very place. Gazing into his eyes. Togetherness. Where I want to awaken every morning. I am longing to talk to him more about hand fasting. Every girl in her youth comes up with what they think the perfect wedding would be. I was no different in that aspect but when I married I didn't go with that I chose differently. My best friend asked my why and I said I don't know but honestly I've thought about it and it didn't seem right. At the time though I couldn't recognize this. I wonder if guys have a dream wedding like women do. I don't see why they wouldn't. And I really want to know what my bf sees as his dream handfasting. I told him while we were camping that I don't want a traditional wedding gown kind of thing and I don't even know about the cake aspect of it. And what was awesome is he was okay with that and even laughed with me about it.
My sister asked if I was going to ask my room mate to hand fast us and I told her that I was going to ask my bf what he thought about her doing it. Maybe one day I should describe the dream hand fasting as I perceive it.
SJ