Dienstag, September 13, 2005

2nd week journal

Grounding and Centering
Continue working on your grounding and centering, however, this week slow down the grounding process so that it can lead to a meditative state. This should help to slow the mind and still the body. How does this process differ from what you were originally doing (if it does at all)?
Miscellaneous
List some of the reasons that the fallacies of the Wiccan Myth can't be factual. How does the Wiccan Myth play a role in our practices? Do you feel that it makes a difference that Gardner made up a background for the Wiccan religion?


When I want to put myself in a deeper meditative state I use my heart beat to the count of four....breath in to the count of four, breath out to the count of four. I connect with my guardians, dieties, etc. To me grounding and centering is a simple process of connecting to the elements and allowing my chakras to be open, taking notice of any blockages. I ruminate on things through out the day and this is also a form of meditation for me although I do not use breath control for it.
The wiccan myth...... I guess I hadn't really put too much thought into it. To me I came with what I was issued....gifts. Gardner supposedly made up the religion using principals that our ancestors long ago used. I don't feel a person should get stuck on dates and timelines although they are important to know. I often circle using no tools at all. I believe that as soon as I begin to think about my circle I have begun circling. I often see with my third eye my altar all set up, candles burning, smoke rizing from the incence, communing with diety and the elements without going through the physical formalities of it all.
I feel it is wrong that Gardner made up a back ground, but then again being a zero degree Capricorn I can't stand liars and would personally flog him for not being truthful.
Silver Dragon Wolf (SJ)


Grade: Pass
Silver,
Excellent work on this journal. I like that you use breath control to help slow down your grounding. You don't mention it, so I figured I would add the note to be sure that you close your chakras when you are done working with them, leaving them open can cause imbalances as well.You are steps ahead of many in the way you work, most people rely very heavily on tools and in the Gaean Tradition as you progress on it is important to learn to work with only yourself. As you are already doing this, I think that if you choose to move on to the second degree that you will find section of it will be easier for you.
Blessings,Hara