Dienstag, September 20, 2005

Appointment

Well the doctor allowed my BF to come in the room with me, for me, an exception.
I conveyed to her how much I love him, how I couldn't be any more monogamous and that I honestly am repulsed by the idea of being with anyone else. I told her, plus he's paying for the appointment.
It hurt badly. I'm sure this will be TMI but I don't give a damn, it's my journal. Basically she inserted the duck bill contraption. I was tight and crampy cuz they do this during the moon cycle because the cervix is more dilated. From there I got swabbed with seriously oversized Q-tips that were dipped in betadine. From there a rounded metal tube thing was put up into my uterus through the cervix and my cervix was dilated. A straw was put in and a t shaped plastic object with copper wrapped around the ends was placed inside my uterus. The straw and everything was taken out and I was told I could sit up when I was ready.
Now why the hell would anyone want this right? Well the IUD worked by rubbing the lining of the uterus so an egg and sperm cannot set up camp. So this go around when I am ovulating and want to thump like a rabbit in the woods and not worry about birth control I can go for it and not worry about if I'm gonna become with child.
I am in excruciating pain. I am taking scripts in combinations that would probably have my doctor come unglued on me but I hurt so bad I don't care. But I know it will be worth it.
The next step is to put on the nicotine patches tomorrow and quit smoking.
I need to go lay down now...............SJ